I'm so glad you have stopped by Me & Mr. Jones today because this is hands down my easiest DIY project yet! Yesterday I covered the first of many 90's trends that have resurfaced (#overalls!), and today I'm falling in love with yet another one! I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too keen on the idea of rocking a choker necklace straight out of the 90s, but the suede wrap versions tied around necks of Coachella’s best dressed has completely changed my mind! Tied in a bow, this dainty accessory adds just the right amount of edge to any ensemble and can take your everyday look to the next level!
The best part about this DIY is that you only need to purchase 2 things as long as you have a decent pair of scissors at home. Amazing, right?! The other great things is that this on-trend accessory can add some instant glam to any outfit, making it perfect for those times when you're in a hurry! Just throw it on with a white tee and jean short cutoffs and you are all set. Lastly, you can DIY your own version for WAY less than the designer versions out there! Keep reading for the super easy instructions to create your own wrap choker necklace with rose quartz embellishments!
1. Steam the suede to get the kinks out. (this step is optional, but recommended)!
2. Attach the rose quartz pendant to the end of the suede lace by tying two knots. Make sure to pull the suede so that the knots are very tight, but not too much because you could break the suede.
3. Wrap the suede around your neck to your liking and cut the excess off. Mine ended up being 54" long, but if you want to wrap it 3 times and tie a bow, you might need to make it a little bit longer!
4. Trim the ends of the suede close to the knot.
5. Wrap it around and rock on, girlfriend!
What do you think about choker necklaces making a comeback?! I'm kind of LOVING it! If you happen to make your own version of this DIY, I'd love to see it! Just use the #MAMJdiy hashtag on Instagram if you post a photo of your DIY. Yay!
Have a gorgeous day!