Do you spend time perfecting your curls only for them to fall out before you even get to work? If so, your hair might be damaged from using too many heat tools and over washing it. With the tips, tricks, and products in today’s post your curls will last longer than a day so you can wash your hair less. Healthier gorgeous curls?! Yes, please!
1) T3 FEATHERWEIGHT LUXE 2i HAIR DRYER (c/o)
2) 1907 HOT PADDLE BRUSH (c/o)
STEP 1: DRYING YOUR HAIR
Drying your hair with the right tools is the first step to long lasting curls. I use this chic T3 hair dryer on medium heat along with this Fromm paddle brush. I love this brush so much because it helps my thick hair dry faster. Surely I’m not the only one who loathes this step, but I have naturally curly hair so it is necessary to straighten out my roots.
STEP 2: CREATING PERFECT CURLS
Now to the exciting part! I got this T3 curling wand for Christmas and while I have the 3 piece, I mostly use the 1.25” barrel (this one is ON SALE!). Y’all- this curling wand is a GAME CHANGER! I cannot sing its praises enough and while the other products in this post are crucial, your curls will not hold as well with another curling iron. Trust me- I’ve been curling my hair for over a decade and have used plenty of wands that aren’t as good as this one!
- To add volume to my curls, I tease each section before curling with this teasing comb.
- After curling each piece, hold it in your hand for a few seconds to cool it off.
- I use this hair spray after curling each section and after brushing my hair out.
- I brush the curls out with this paddle brush to blend them together. The bristles on this brush aren’t super close together, so it won’t brush out all of the curl either.
STEP 3: MAKE THEM LAST
If I wash and curl my hair on a Sunday, I usually don’t wash it again until Wednesday night. This has made it possible for me to go way longer in between haircuts and I get compliments on how healthy my hair looks often. I’m not saying this to brag, it actually makes me laugh because my husband cuts my hair and hasn’t trimmed it for about 6 months! So if people tell me it looks healthy, not washing it often is definitely the reason why!
- I use this dry shampoo and it’s AMAZING! It’s the only dry shampoo that doesn’t leave white residue in your hair- I’ve even sprayed it an inch away from my scalp just to test it!
- Sometimes after working out my roots and baby hairs around my face will get wavy, so I use the T3 straightener to smooth them out.
- On the third day of not washing my hair, I typically wear it in a ponytail. For extra volume, I use the teasing comb at the base of my ponytail. Next, I spray this Living Proof volume spray on 1-2” sections, tousle, and WAH-LAH! Full volume ponytail gorgeousness!
Thanks for stopping by, y'all! Have a fabulous day!