Chances are you've done the infamous Kayla Itsines BBG workouts, tried them, or are thinking about trying them. Who wouldn't want to try the workout after scrolling through endless inspiring Instagram photos posted by women all around the world?! Last year I completed the 12 week program and today I'm sharing the pros and cons of this body-changing workout (and sharing some before and after photos)!
- The workout isn’t truly 28 minutes if you want to be able to walk the next day. You have to stretch for at least 30 minutes.
- I was so sore I felt sick.
- All of the jumping killed my knees. I did gymnastics for 10 years and the wear and tear on my joints shined through when doing these workouts!
- There weren’t any “easy” options or alternative exercises for more difficult moves.
- The high intensity without any breaks caused me to injure myself. I pulled a muscle and had to take it easy one week and do as much of the workouts as I could without hurting myself even more.
- Equipment is minimal.
- There is a huge community that is supportive and encouraging.
- There is now an app so it’s always evolving (it is $20/month after the trial period, however).
- This workout shows the importance of weight training mixed with cardio.
- The workout really does change your body! Check out my results from just 8 weeks. The last month of the program I was traveling and didn't take photos- major bummer!
- I had major abs after 8 weeks!
For me, this wasn't a long term workout solution. It made me so sore despite spending a lot of time stretching. While I love being in great shape, being sore 24/7 started to wear on me and even made me feel really tired.
In the end, I'm extremely grateful that I completed this workout! My sister-in-law and my mom (she's a serious #bossbabe!) also completed it and it was really fun being able to share our experiences during these 10 weeks! It also taught me a lot about HIIT workouts and how effective they are. While I don't think it's a long term solution for me, it did completely change the way I workout! I do a lot more body weight exercises mixed with cardio now as opposed to hours on the treadmill or elliptical!
I hope by sharing my experiences with Kayla Itsines BBG workouts and my own in the future, you will find a workout that works best for you and your lifestyle! Thank you so much for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend!