This DIY project was created as an ode to this season's nautical inspired looks on the runway, and who can resist a traditional varsity letter monogram?! When I found this striped clutch at Forever 21 for only $7, I knew it would be the perfect base for this project. The leather tassel is from this project and is a great addition to this DIY. The best part is that there is no sewing required and the total cost of this project is under $30!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
2. Varsity letter. The listing linked is for a 7" tall letter, but I requested a custom order for a 5" letter for $10!
4. Optional: leather tassel from this DIY project!
5. Optional: needle and thread. You can always stitch the letter on if you prefer that method!
1. Find the center of the clutch by measuring the width and dividing it by 2.
2. Mark the center with a disappearing ink pen, or just place a pen where the center would be and eyeball it. I chose method 2 because I couldn't find my disappearing ink pen!
3. Put a decent amount of glue on the back of the letter. Do this quickly, because the glue absorbs into the letter backing.
4. Adhere the letter to the clutch and hold it down for a couple of minutes until the glue is mostly dry.
5. Optional: Attach the tassel from this DIY project. I used a really small key ring and attached it to the zipper pull.
6. Enjoy your new clutch that's perfect for summer!
Not big on DIY? Not to worry, I found a similar navy and white striped clutch that can be monogrammed here! If you'd like to save this DIY for later, keep scrolling and pin the image below to your DIY board on Pinterest!
Thank you so much for stopping by Me & Mr. Jones today, y'all!