I’ve been making these low carb burrito bowls once a week lately. They are so good and SO easy! I kind of cheat with the pre-packaged chicken and peppers but you could easily whip up some chicken in a skillet in the same amount of time. Keep reading for the full recipe!
Low Carb Burrito Bowl
Burrito Bowl made with cauliflower rice.
Makes: 2-3 Servings
- Trader Joe's Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- 2 bags of Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe's Mexican Style Roasted Corn
- Goat Cheese
- Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning
- Trader Joe's Mild Pico De Gallo Salsa
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat large skillet at medium-low heat for califlower rice.
- Preheat a small skillet at low heat for grilled chicken fajitas.
- Pour enough olive oil in the large skillet to coat the surface. Pour in 1 1/2 bags of cauliflower rice and season with Chili Lime seasoning.
- Add 1/2 bag of Mexican Style Roasted Corn into the same skillet. Stir frequently until cooked through. Approximately 15 minutes.
- While cauliflower rice is cooking, spray the smaller skillet with cooking spray and add the Grilled Fajitas.
- Using a spatula, chop the grilled chicken pieces. This makes the fajitas easier to portion out after they are heated.
- After everything is cooked, layer cauliflower rice mixture, chicken fajitas, cheese, and salsa. Add guacamole or avacado for an even more delicious bowl!.
Other add-ins I’ve tried before are a squeeze of lime and sometimes Skyler and I will add a teeny bit of sour cream (or Greek yogurt for a healthier option)! I can’t stop thinking about this bowl now so I’m definitely going to make it for dinner tonight! You can also do shredded Mexican cheese instead of goat cheese but I LOVE goat cheese and think it is the perfect addition to this bowl! If you try it, tag me (@meandmr.jones) on your Instagram stories and let me know if you love it too!