Unlike some of my past costumes, this year I wanted to do something that was easy and fun. Usually, I get way into my Halloween costumes and end up spending entirely too much time & money, so this was the perfect solution. Below you can find directions to DIY this costume!
First, make a template for the heart shapes. You can do this by printing out a heart or just freehand drawing one. Next, use the heart template and trace 3 hearts onto red felt and 3 hearts onto a piece of felt that is more stiff than the red. Cut out all 6 hearts and glue them together. Using safety pins, attach the hearts onto your skirt fabric and only pin through the stiff felt backing.
I used a patent leather clutch I already had from our wedding. On the back of it, I used Zots to attach the cards. Zots are perfect because you can peel them off after Halloween! Just be careful when taking them off, peel them off very slowly so the fabric doesn't rip.
1. Print out crown template here.
2. Cut out crown template.
3. Using a hot glue gun (or stapler), glue the cards onto the paper crown. Make sure you cover the entire piece of paper.
4. Trim the cards to the shape of the crown template.
5. Optional: peel the paper template off. This worked both times that I made this. The hot glue doesn't stick well to the waxy cards, so use staples to reinforce them just in case!
6. Staple the crown together.
7. Staple a small piece of ribbon on each side of the inside of the crown.
8. Optional: Glue a piece of ribbon to the bottom of the crown to finish the edge.
9. To secure the crown on your head, use a small hair clip. Make sure the clip goes over both the ribbon inside of the crown as well as your hair.
10. Have the HAPPIEST Halloween yet!